Silcon Labs and The Young Mens business league of Austin recently hosted it’s second annual Sunshine Run in downtown Austin.
The Sunshine run seeks to raise funds for Austin’s Sunshine Camps which, in turn, provide opportunities for disadvantaged kids in the Austin area to attend summer camp.
This year, FSG is proud to be a sponsor. Additionally FSG Signs worked to create the “Shine” sign that served as a centerpiece for activities during the Sunshine run event.
The “Shine” sign is a custom fabricated piece made by the FSG signs team using durable materials that could take a beating. The urethane material was resistant to getting hot in the sun so that people could interact and climb on the sign without getting burned.
After the race the sign will be installed permantly at the ASC Zilker park lodge where the kids can take pictures with it and interact with it for years to come.
Special thanks to Michael O’Shea and the FSG Signs team for their efforts to support this worthwhile cause. Here are a few facts about Sunshine camps as well as a video about the Sunshine run.
The Young Men’s Business League of Austin has hosted kids at camp since 1928, and it would not be possible without the generosity of individuals like you. For every $375 raised, we help send another kid to camp this summer. Your contribution to the camps truly does open up a world of possibilities to the youth of Central Texas.
Sunshine Camp Stats:
● The Austin Sunshine Camps annually serves nearly 850 ethnically diverse children from the Austin area and our new Zilker Facility will increase capacity by 50% this year!
● Our life changing programs are offered free of charge to the camper’s family – all funds are provided through our annual fundraising campaign.
● 50% of campers come from households with an annual income less than $23,050 (Federal Poverty Line) and 30% of those annual family incomes fall below $14,999.
● 46% of children participating are from families enrolled in the state’s Food Stamp Program
● The Austin Sunshine Camps has served more than 48,000 disadvantaged youth since its founding in 1928
● ASC’s direct benefit ratio is 78%.
Click Here for a Video About the Sunshine Run